/ March 2024
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
She is the Photographer
Advanced Photo Storytelling Workshop 2024
We are thrilled to announce an Advanced Photo Storytelling Workshop 2024, specifically designed for activists, professionals, and aspiring photographers in the field of photography and photojournalism.
Our workshop exclusively invites aspiring women photographers from all the provinces of Nepal. It provides a unique opportunity for participants to learn and improve their skills as professionals under a guided mentorship to create photo stories of women in Nepal. The program includes a start-up workshop, fieldwork, and an editing workshop. Photo stories will be shown at multiple exhibitions to advocate for women’s rights. Selected participants are expected to commit full-time and should anticipate creating a comprehensive photo project upon the workshop’s completion.
All classes will be conducted in person, allowing the chosen 10 Nepali participants to collaborate with fellow students and mentors from various parts of Nepal. This is a residential workshop.
Date, Venue, Timings, and detailed program schedule will be provided to the selected participants. The workshop will be conducted in primarily Nepali language.
Workshop Facilitators and Mentors: Uma Bista & Sanjog Manandhar
– Participants should have a technical base in photography.
– Participants should have their own DSLR/Mirrorless cameras.
– Participants should be able to commit to the workshop full-time.
– To apply, send a letter of interest (not more than a page) and email it to email@example.com
– Attach your recent CV.
– Attach a portfolio of your 10 best images. [1000 pixels on the longest side]. Singles or story.
– This workshop is open to young women or those who identify as women only.
– All selected participants from inside and outside Kathmandu Valley will be provided with a residency facility that includes travel and local accommodation.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 15 February 2024
If you have any questions, or concerns on the application procedures, feel free to reach out: Nagma Mali, Program Lead, She is the Story. +977 015350747, firstname.lastname@example.org